Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Lug Nuts Raffle Quilt

lug1

This quilt belongs to the North Star Quilt Guild and will be their 2016 Quilt Show Raffle quilt.   It started out as a sample from my Lug Nuts workshop last year but the general consensus was that it should be our next raffle quilt.   I love that our guild makes very different quilts each show to raffle and this one is very modern compared to other quilts we have raffled in the past.   I think it will do very well with it being a very bold, a geometric design, and it is very gender neutral.  The fabric are all batiks and we chose light grey, blue and black for our three colours.

lug8

I found a new place to take pictures!   I really liked how the quilt looked against the grey siding on our garage so first just threw it over the light fixture…then I started to eye the frame around the doors!

lug5lug6

I quilted it with the Allium pantograph, used Quilters Dream Blend batting, and a light blue So Fine thread.

lug2

We made the pieced backing stripe with the left over triangles and I dyed the grey fabric to match the greys in the top.

lug9lug10

Just needs the bias binding now and that might have to wait until our next meeting as that would be a great program to teach!

lug7

I also wanted to share some great news about one of my favourite quilt shops that was features in the latest issue of the Quilt Sampler.   Prairie Chicks in Warmen, SK was chosen to be featured as the Canadian shop and it is a beautiful shop.  The owner and staff are so friendly and helpful so I wanted to give them a shout out to congratulate them!    Here is a picture of the magazine cover and if you look really hard at the top tiny circle that represents their shop you can see their shop sample of our Lug Nuts quilt!

map-cover-digital_600_0

There is an online article at allpeoplequilt.com and you can see pictures of their shop and the other shops featured.  I took this picture from their site, it is the picture they used for the cover circle.

102322586_600

3 comments:

  1. The Raffle Quilt looks great. I am going to head over to read the article about Prairie Chicks. Highway 10 Designs just seem to pop up everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this quilt! I have the pattern but haven't made it yet. :)

    ReplyDelete