Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mexican Star Quilt


I finished quilting my Mexican Star wall hanging yesterday and got the binding on this morning.  I had no idea how I was going to quilt it so just loaded onto my machine and started stitching....and yes I did some picking too!  I gave myself one day to work in it so the deadline seemed to help get the ideas flowing.


 I used Superior Thread's Highlights to give it a shine and the quilting is all free hand.


Love the blue behind it....


.....I decided to decorate my neighbours shed! :)



7 comments:

  1. It looks great!! I like the wavy lines flowing away from the center!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe - did your neighbor think you're nuts? Love the cleanness of the motifs and the wavy lines radiating away are really neat next to the water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!! I love all your freehand quilting! I am impressed you got it done in a day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, you are welcome to move next door to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this quilt, just beautiful!!! Could you please tell me where to find this pattern. Thank you, Sandy

    ReplyDelete